Friday 15 January 2016

Intro

Hello everyone! This is my first ever blog post, as I have never done anything like this before. So for starters I would like to introduce myself. My name is Jordan Rhind and the purpose of this blog is for my weekly reflections for my course ADED 1P32. This is not my first online course, as I took two online courses this summer, one being another ADED course. So while I am familiar with weekly reflection posts I am not used to posting them on the internet where anyone can see them. Previously all posts or writings were done threw Sakai for my other online courses. I enjoy being online, and use the internet regularly. Whether it be to search for specific content or to kill time I enjoy using the internet. I enjoy social media sites such as Facebook and twitter, but have never had a blog nor a Pinterest account. While I am unfamiliar with these sites I am interested in learning about them.

Now I guess I need to say a little about myself. I am a fourth year student currently in the last semester of my pro
gram, which is business administration. I have not been too sure exactly what area of business that I would like to get into after I am done school but potentially a job in operations or IT. I am excited to finally be done with school and to enter the workforce, but at the same time nervous because I am not sure whether or not I will be able to find a good job. In my spare time I enjoy watching and playing sports such as hockey, football and basketball. I also enjoy playing video games and watching movies/TV shows. I also enjoy camping/being outdoors and have recently had a desire to travel. I haven’t really done any travelling aside from the United States and one family vacation to the Dominican Republic when I was in grade 8. Provided I have the money I would like to see more parts of the world.


I entered the business program because I was not sure what I wanted to do for a living and I thought that a business degree would give me many options. I’m hopeful that I will find a career that allows me to work my way up and earn a proper living. While this course is an elective that does not relate to my program, I feel that it may still be helpful to me and in my potential career. Learning in digital contexts will be helpful because electronic business is huge and any potential skills I pick up in this course may be helpful in my future business career. For example learning to have a good digital footprint is very important to me because having a poor one may lead to me not being hired for a job. So I am looking forward to learning any knowledge that may help me in the future and learning alongside all of my fellow classmates!

- Jordan R



No comments:

Post a Comment