Sunday 31 January 2016

My Experience with RSS Feeds



At the beginning of my first experience with RSS feeds, it started off a little slow, with some technical difficulties. The instructions in Sakai for how to locate the subscribe button in Firefox were not helpful since the layout for my Firefox is different. Maybe the pictures on Sakai are from and older version, but anyway it took me a little while to figure it out myself. After that I was able to get everything else set up without much difficulty!

I subscribed to all the suggested sites, except for the site starfoile, because the link did not work for me. I then started searching fo
r sites that were interesting to me or could be helpful to me. One of the sites I subscribed to was Business Insider. I figured this site would contain many posts relating to business that would potentially be interesting to me and also be helpful. The first article that came up on my feed from business insider ended up not having anything to do with business: it was an article about NFL quarterback Cam Newton. I love watching sports, and the NFL may be my favourite to watch, so I enjoyed reading the article. The article was titled “Cam Newtonis now the best football player on the planet, and the NFL will never be thesame.” by Cork Gaines. The article details his MVP caliber season, and describes why he is the best player in the world.

In the article Cork states that Cam Newton is the perfect weapon. He discusses the advantages and disadvantages to having a mobile quarterback, with the main disadvantage being the high risk of injury for the quarterback. But with Cam’s size (6-foot-5, 245 pounds) this is not as big of a concern for him as it would be for other quarterbacks. This allows him to do things that other quarterbacks simply cannot do, such as carry defenders on his back while fighting for yards. This article raised many interesting points about how he is nearly unstoppable, and has made me more excited to watch him play in his first Superbowl next Sunday.
Brown (2013, November 11) Cam Newton [Online image] Retrieved from http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/cam-newton/

I like to read articles such as this, and I feel that Feedly would be very useful in presenting these to me and cut down the time I spend searching for them!

-J Rhind

No comments:

Post a Comment